Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. General Motors ( GM) pushed the Automotive industry higher today making it today's featured automotive winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.7%. By the end of trading, General Motors rose $0.46 (1.3%) to $34.99 on light volume. Throughout the day, 9,475,238 shares of General Motors exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 14,719,100 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $34.65-$35.05 after having opened the day at $34.66 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $34.53. Other companies within the Automotive industry that increased today were: Tesla Motors ( TSLA), up 6.2%, Meritor ( MTOR), up 6.0%, Modine Manufacturing Company ( MOD), up 5.2% and China Automotive Systems ( CAAS), up 5.1%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full General Motors Ratings Report.
- Use our automotive section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.