Shareholders of Circor International Inc (CIR - Get Report) looking to boost their income beyond the stock's 0.3% annualized dividend yield can sell the November covered call at the $60 strike and collect the premium based on the $2.05 bid, which annualizes to an additional 14.9% rate of return against the current stock price (at Stock Options Channel we call this the YieldBoost), for a total of 15.2% annualized rate in the scenario where the stock is not called away. Any upside above $60 would be lost if the stock rises there and is called away, but CIR shares would have to advance 2.8% from current levels for that to happen, meaning that in the scenario where the stock is called, the shareholder has earned a 6.3% return from this trading level, in addition to any dividends collected before the stock was called.In general, dividend amounts are not always predictable and tend to follow the ups and downs of profitability at each company. In the case of Circor International Inc, looking at the dividend history chart for CIR below can help in judging whether the most recent dividend is likely to continue, and in turn whether it is a reasonable expectation to expect a 0.3% annualized dividend yield. Below is a chart showing CIR's trailing twelve month trading history, with the $60 strike highlighted in red: The chart above, and the stock's historical volatility, can be a helpful guide in combination with fundamental analysis to judge whether selling the November covered call at the $60 strike gives good reward for the risk of having given away the upside beyond $60. ( Do most options expire worthless? This and six other common options myths debunked). We calculate the trailing twelve month volatility for Circor International Inc (considering the last 250 trading day closing values as well as today's price of $58.59) to be 27%. For other call options contract ideas at the various different available expirations, visit the CIR Stock Options page of StockOptionsChannel.com.
TheStreet’s Fundamentals of Investing Course will teach you the keys to making the right decisions in any market.
TheStreet’s Personal Finance Essentials Course will teach you money management basics and investing strategies to help you avoid major financial pitfalls.
TheStreet Courses offers dedicated classes designed to improve your investing skills, stock market knowledge and money management capabilities.
More from Stocks
Dow Futures Slide on Trade and Political Risks; Europe Slumps as Elections Begin
Global stocks drifted lower Thursday, setting up Wall Street for its third negative session of the week, as investors hunker down for a prolonged U.S-China trade dispute while trimming bets on near-term support from the Federal Reserve.
Ex-Facebook Execs Have Plenty of Advice for Zuckerberg
Facebook's ex-security chief said Mark Zuckerberg should step down as CEO, and it's not the first time a former Facebook insider has aired grievances over the scandal-stricken firm.
Is Unit Corp's Quant Downgrade a Called 'Third Strike'?
UNT has been downgraded to sell by TheStreet's Quant ratings service.