- CFR has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $29.2 million.
- CFR has traded 683,015 shares today.
- CFR is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in CFR with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for CFR NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on CFR: Cullen/Frost Bankers, Inc. operates as the holding company for Frost Bank that offers commercial and consumer banking, and other financial products and services primarily in Texas. The company operates in two segments, Banking and Frost Wealth Advisors. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.8%. CFR has a PE ratio of 19.0. Currently there is 1 analyst that rates Cullen Frost Bankers a buy, 6 analysts rate it a sell, and 9 rate it a hold. The average volume for Cullen Frost Bankers has been 411,400 shares per day over the past 30 days. Cullen Frost has a market cap of $4.3 billion and is part of the financial sector and banking industry. The stock has a beta of 0.93 and a short float of 11.1% with 14.19 days to cover. Shares are up 34.7% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Cullen Frost Bankers as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, expanding profit margins, solid stock price performance and increase in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company is trading at a premium valuation based on our review of its current price compared to such things as earnings and book value. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- CFR's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 3.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 2.6%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displaying stagnant earnings per share.
- The gross profit margin for CULLEN/FROST BANKERS INC is currently very high, coming in at 95.93%. Regardless of CFR's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, CFR's net profit margin of 25.76% significantly outperformed against the industry.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the Commercial Banks industry average, but is less than that of the S&P 500. The net income increased by 2.8% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $58.06 million to $59.66 million.
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, CFR's share price has jumped by 28.78%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. We feel that the stock's sharp appreciation over the last year has driven it to a price level which is now somewhat expensive compared to the rest of its industry. The other strengths this company shows, however, justify the higher price levels.
- CULLEN/FROST BANKERS INC reported flat earnings per share in the most recent quarter. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. We feel it is likely to report a decline in earnings in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, CULLEN/FROST BANKERS INC increased its bottom line by earning $3.85 versus $3.55 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 1.6% in earnings ($3.79 versus $3.85).
- You can view the full Cullen Frost Bankers Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.