Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Trade-Ideas LLC identified UBS ( UBS) as a pre-market mover with heavy volume candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified UBS as such a stock due to the following factors:
- UBS has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $28.6 million.
- UBS traded 168,484 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 9:02 AM, representing 12% of its average daily volume.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in UBS with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for UBS NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on UBS: UBS AG, a financial services firm, provides wealth management, asset management, and investment banking products and services worldwide. Its Wealth Management division provides financial services to high net worth individuals worldwide. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.8%. UBS has a PE ratio of 18.7. Currently there is 1 analyst that rates UBS a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. The average volume for UBS has been 1.8 million shares per day over the past 30 days. UBS has a market cap of $77.6 billion and is part of the financial sector and banking industry. Shares are up 28.4% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates UBS as a sell. Among the areas we feel are negative, one of the most important has been an overall disappointing return on equity. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Current return on equity is lower than its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of weakness within the company. Compared to other companies in the Capital Markets industry and the overall market, UBS AG's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- 40.01% is the gross profit margin for UBS AG which we consider to be strong. Regardless of UBS's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 7.11% trails the industry average.
- UBS AG has improved earnings per share by 46.1% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, UBS AG swung to a loss, reporting -$0.66 versus $1.14 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.44 versus -$0.66).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has greatly exceeded that of the S&P 500, but is less than that of the Capital Markets industry average. The net income increased by 48.1% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $495.91 million to $734.57 million.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 12.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 9.7%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- You can view the full UBS Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.