Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Duke Energy Corporation ( DUK) pushed the Utilities sector lower today making it today's featured Utilities laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day down 1.0%. By the end of trading, Duke Energy Corporation fell $0.98 (-1.5%) to $65.81 on average volume. Throughout the day, 3,260,543 shares of Duke Energy Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,198,200 shares. The stock ranged in price between $65.62-$66.73 after having opened the day at $66.73 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $66.79. Other companies within the Utilities sector that declined today were: U.S. Geothermal ( HTM), down 4.6%, Pure Cycle Corporation ( PCYO), down 4.6%, Huaneng Power International ( HNP), down 3.8% and Cosan ( CZZ), down 3.6%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Duke Energy Corporation Ratings Report.
- Use our utilities section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.