Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Target ( TGT) pushed the Retail industry lower today making it today's featured Retail laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.8%. By the end of trading, Target fell $2.45 (-3.6%) to $65.50 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 15,225,488 shares of Target exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,894,100 shares. The stock ranged in price between $65.14-$66.93 after having opened the day at $66.42 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $67.95. Other companies within the Retail industry that declined today were: American Eagle Outfitters ( AEO), down 9.9%, Acorn International ( ATV), down 6.0%, RadioShack ( RSH), down 5.4% and J.C. Penney ( JCP), down 4.8%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Target Ratings Report.
- Use our retail section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.