Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Newmont Mining Corporation ( NEM) pushed the Metals & Mining industry lower today making it today's featured Metals & Mining laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day down 2.0%. By the end of trading, Newmont Mining Corporation fell $0.97 (-3.0%) to $31.84 on light volume. Throughout the day, 6,558,720 shares of Newmont Mining Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 9,357,200 shares. The stock ranged in price between $31.82-$32.77 after having opened the day at $32.54 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $32.81. Other companies within the Metals & Mining industry that declined today were: Cardero Resources Corporation ( CDY), down 12.1%, Golden Star Resources ( GSS), down 10.0%, Quest Rare Minerals ( QRM), down 9.7% and International Tower Hill Mines ( THM), down 9.3%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Newmont Mining Corporation Ratings Report.
- Use our metals & mining section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.