Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Travelers Companies ( TRV) pushed the Insurance industry lower today making it today's featured Insurance laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.8%. By the end of trading, Travelers Companies fell $0.85 (-1.1%) to $79.42 on average volume. Throughout the day, 2,403,780 shares of Travelers Companies exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,107,900 shares. The stock ranged in price between $79.13-$80.10 after having opened the day at $80.10 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $80.27. Other companies within the Insurance industry that declined today were: United Fire Group ( UFCS), down 6.0%, CNinsure ( CISG), down 4.3%, Universal Insurance Holdings ( UVE), down 3.6% and National Security Group ( NSEC), down 3.2%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Travelers Companies Ratings Report.
- Use our insurance section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.