Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Calpine ( CPN) pushed the Utilities sector higher today making it today's featured utilities winner. The sector as a whole closed the day down 1.0%. By the end of trading, Calpine rose $0.29 (1.5%) to $19.34 on average volume. Throughout the day, 3,211,366 shares of Calpine exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,241,900 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $18.92-$19.48 after having opened the day at $19.07 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $19.05. Other companies within the Utilities sector that increased today were: Cadiz ( CDZI), up 7.2% and Transportadora de Gas del Sur ( TGS), up 2.6%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Calpine Ratings Report.
- Use our utilities section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.