Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Molycorp ( MCP) pushed the Metals & Mining industry higher today making it today's featured metals & mining winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 2.0%. By the end of trading, Molycorp rose $0.10 (1.7%) to $6.11 on light volume. Throughout the day, 4,633,571 shares of Molycorp exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 6,652,100 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $6.02-$6.24 after having opened the day at $6.05 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $6.01. Other companies within the Metals & Mining industry that increased today were: Crosshair Energy ( CXZ), up 20.0%, China Gengsheng Minerals ( CHGS), up 16.0%, Platinum Group Metal ( PLG), up 9.4% and Quaterra Resources ( QMM), up 6.9%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Molycorp Ratings Report.
- Use our metals & mining section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.