Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Owens-Corning ( OC) pushed the Materials & Construction industry higher today making it today's featured materials & construction winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.6%. By the end of trading, Owens-Corning rose $0.49 (1.3%) to $38.45 on light volume. Throughout the day, 1,497,244 shares of Owens-Corning exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,009,600 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $37.68-$38.83 after having opened the day at $37.78 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $37.96. Other companies within the Materials & Construction industry that increased today were: Veolia Environnement ( VE), up 7.3%, Caesarstone Sdot-Yam ( CSTE), up 3.8%, Perma-Fix Environmental Services ( PESI), up 3.6% and China Recycling Energy Corporation ( CREG), up 2.9%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Owens-Corning Ratings Report.
- Use our materials & construction section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.