Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Ventas ( VTR) pushed the Financial sector higher today making it today's featured financial winner. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.5%. By the end of trading, Ventas rose $0.92 (1.5%) to $61.25 on average volume. Throughout the day, 2,340,712 shares of Ventas exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,829,600 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $59.23-$62.42 after having opened the day at $60.13 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $60.33. Other companies within the Financial sector that increased today were: Paulson Capital ( PLCC), up 35.1%, Vestin Realty Mortgage II ( VRTB), up 19.4%, American Realty Investors ( ARL), up 14.7% and China Commercial Credit ( CCCR), up 12.0%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Ventas Ratings Report.
- Use our financial section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.