Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. VMware ( VMW) pushed the Computer Software & Services industry higher today making it today's featured computer software & services winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.8%. By the end of trading, VMware rose $0.87 (1.0%) to $84.31 on light volume. Throughout the day, 1,443,584 shares of VMware exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,403,300 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $83.30-$85.35 after having opened the day at $83.30 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $83.44. Other companies within the Computer Software & Services industry that increased today were: Astea International ( ATEA), up 18.9%, XRS ( XRSC), up 14.2%, Mediabistro ( MBIS), up 5.6% and Webmedia Brands ( WEBM), up 5.6%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full VMware Ratings Report.
- Use our computer software & services section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.