Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Tesoro Corporation ( TSO) pushed the Basic Materials sector higher today making it today's featured basic materials winner. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.9%. By the end of trading, Tesoro Corporation rose $1.08 (2.3%) to $47.78 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 4,912,360 shares of Tesoro Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,117,700 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $46.10-$48.60 after having opened the day at $46.65 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $46.70. Other companies within the Basic Materials sector that increased today were: GeoPetro Resources Company ( GPR), up 75.0%, Crosshair Energy ( CXZ), up 20.0%, China Gengsheng Minerals ( CHGS), up 16.0% and Platinum Group Metal ( PLG), up 9.4%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Tesoro Corporation Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.