Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. FirstEnergy ( FE) pushed the Utilities sector higher today making it today's featured utilities winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.8%. By the end of trading, FirstEnergy rose $0.84 (2.3%) to $37.23 on average volume. Throughout the day, 3,248,849 shares of FirstEnergy exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,538,500 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $36.38-$37.38 after having opened the day at $36.40 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $36.39. Other companies within the Utilities sector that increased today were: Pure Cycle Corporation ( PCYO), up 3.6%, Fuelcell Energy ( FCEL), up 3.6%, Empresa Distribuidora y Comercializadora No ( EDN), up 3.5% and Artesian Resource Corporation ( ARTNA), up 2.9%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full FirstEnergy Ratings Report.
- Use our utilities section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.