Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Charles Schwab ( SCHW) pushed the Financial sector higher today making it today's featured financial winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 1.1%. By the end of trading, Charles Schwab rose $0.28 (1.3%) to $21.69 on light volume. Throughout the day, 5,129,370 shares of Charles Schwab exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 9,943,700 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $21.22-$21.78 after having opened the day at $21.41 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $21.41. Other companies within the Financial sector that increased today were: Homex Development ( HXM), up 36.4%, Millennium India Acquisition Corporation ( SMCG), up 12.5%, Cash America International ( CSH), up 7.5% and Severn Bancorp ( SVBI), up 6.7%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Charles Schwab Ratings Report.
- Use our financial section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.