Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Sherwin-Williams Company ( SHW) pushed the Chemicals industry higher today making it today's featured chemicals winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.9%. By the end of trading, Sherwin-Williams Company rose $4.39 (2.6%) to $171.91 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1,149,497 shares of Sherwin-Williams Company exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 784,700 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $167.59-$172.25 after having opened the day at $167.59 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $167.52. Other companies within the Chemicals industry that increased today were: Amyris ( AMRS), up 7.4%, Penford Corporation ( PENX), up 5.3%, American Pacific Corporation ( APFC), up 5.1% and Verenium Corporation ( VRNM), up 4.2%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Sherwin-Williams Company Ratings Report.
- Use our chemicals section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.