Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Phillips 66 ( PSX) pushed the Basic Materials sector higher today making it today's featured basic materials winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.9%. By the end of trading, Phillips 66 rose $1.67 (3.0%) to $57.01 on average volume. Throughout the day, 3,870,780 shares of Phillips 66 exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,857,700 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $54.90-$57.68 after having opened the day at $55.20 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $55.34. Other companies within the Basic Materials sector that increased today were: Lone Pine Resources ( LPR), up 26.3%, Cardero Resources Corporation ( CDY), up 20.5%, Renewable Energy Group ( REGI), up 11.8% and Golden Star Resources ( GSS), up 11.7%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Phillips 66 Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.