Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Citigroup ( C) pushed the Banking industry higher today making it today's featured banking winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.9%. By the end of trading, Citigroup rose $0.59 (1.2%) to $49.92 on average volume. Throughout the day, 29,248,896 shares of Citigroup exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 28,828,800 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $48.77-$50.25 after having opened the day at $49.27 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $49.33. Other companies within the Banking industry that increased today were: Severn Bancorp ( SVBI), up 6.7%, Summit Financial Group ( SMMF), up 5.8%, First ( FBMS), up 5.0% and Heritage Oaks Bancorp ( HEOP), up 4.8%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Citigroup Ratings Report.
- Use our banking section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.