Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Tesla Motors ( TSLA) pushed the Automotive industry higher today making it today's featured automotive winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.1%. By the end of trading, Tesla Motors rose $4.68 (3.2%) to $149.58 on light volume. Throughout the day, 6,357,652 shares of Tesla Motors exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 10,746,600 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $147.00-$149.78 after having opened the day at $148.65 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $144.90. Other companies within the Automotive industry that increased today were: China Automotive Systems ( CAAS), up 4.5%, Marine Products Corporation ( MPX), up 4.2%, Federal-Mogul ( FDML), up 4.0% and Miller Industries ( MLR), up 3.6%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Tesla Motors Ratings Report.
- Use our automotive section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.