Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Alliant Techsystems ( ATK) pushed the Aerospace/Defense industry higher today making it today's featured aerospace/defense winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.9%. By the end of trading, Alliant Techsystems rose $1.63 (1.6%) to $100.35 on average volume. Throughout the day, 249,309 shares of Alliant Techsystems exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 314,200 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $98.61-$100.43 after having opened the day at $98.61 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $98.72. Other companies within the Aerospace/Defense industry that increased today were: Frontline ( FRO), up 9.2%, Taser International ( TASR), up 4.2%, Aerovironment Incorporated ( AVAV), up 3.9% and Smith & Wesson Holding Corporation ( SWHC), up 3.4%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Alliant Techsystems Ratings Report.
- Use our aerospace/defense section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.