Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Trade-Ideas LLC identified Intuit ( INTU) as a post-market laggard candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Intuit as such a stock due to the following factors:
- INTU has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $93.4 million.
- INTU is down 3.4% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in INTU with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for INTU NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on INTU: Intuit Inc. provides business and financial management solutions for small businesses, consumers, accounting professionals, and financial institutions primarily in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, India, and Singapore. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.1%. INTU has a PE ratio of 23.9. Currently there are 6 analysts that rate Intuit a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 11 rate it a hold. The average volume for Intuit has been 2.3 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Intuit has a market cap of $19.1 billion and is part of the technology sector and computer software & services industry. The stock has a beta of 0.68 and a short float of 3.2% with 5.94 days to cover. Shares are up 8% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Intuit as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, growth in earnings per share, expanding profit margins and good cash flow from operations. Although the company may harbor some minor weaknesses, we feel they are unlikely to have a significant impact on results. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- INTU's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 8.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 13.1%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- INTU's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.14 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.49, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- INTUIT INC has improved earnings per share by 11.5% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, INTUIT INC increased its bottom line by earning $2.53 versus $2.02 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.31 versus $2.53).
- The gross profit margin for INTUIT INC is currently very high, coming in at 93.71%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 37.74% significantly outperformed against the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $1,449.00 million or 13.38% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of -13.09%.
- You can view the full Intuit Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.