- A new paid-up-at-70 plan design, which allows policyholders to choose to pay higher premiums for a shorter period of time
- Including 20-year employee and spouse term riders
- Increasing money purchase limits for children, and adding the ability to choose specific coverage levels (volume purchase)
- Increasing guaranteed issue limits for employees
- Fixed level premiums that are guaranteed for life.
- Guaranteed issue option, when available, which allows employees to purchase the minimum amount at enrollment and increase coverage at future re-enrollments without needing a physical exam or answering health questions.
- Qualified long term care rider that can be included by the employer and allows the policy owner to access the death benefit under certain conditions to pay for long term care expenses.
- Living benefit option rider that allows for an advance benefit, up to 100 percent of the benefit amount ($150,0000 maximum), if diagnosed with a terminal illness limiting life expectancy to 12 months or less.
For over a decade, Unum has been an industry leader in whole and universal life insurance. 1About Unum Unum is a leading provider of financial protection benefits through the workplace. The group disability insurance leader in the U.S. for 37 years, Unum’s portfolio of financial protection products also includes life, accident and critical illness, which help protect millions of working people and their families in the event of an illness or injury. In 2012, Unum paid $5.5 billion in benefits to nearly 490,000 individuals and their families. For more information visit us at www.unum.com or connect with us at www.facebook.com/unumbenefits, www.twitter.com/unumnews and www.linkedin.com/company/unum 1 Eastbridge , U.S. Worksite Sales Report, Carrier Results for years 2002-2012 (2003-2013)