“The Splunk App for VMware is key to our operations as it provides insight to the virtualization data. We are now able to easily correlate problem VMs to application metrics,” said Paris Georgallis, vice president of platform operations, RMS. “We love the granular visibility across all tiers of our virtualized infrastructure. With this new level of visibility, we are able to trend, baseline and analyze CPU, memory and disk consumption and forecast and plan for growth.”The Splunk App for VMware 3.0 includes several patent-pending technologies including visualizations that help analyze the health of virtual environments. The app provides real-time granular visibility into VMware environments across hosts, virtual machines and virtual centers based on pre-defined thresholds and pre-packaged log analyses. It allows administrators to:
- Correlate data from the virtual infrastructure with data from applications, operating systems, physical hardware and networks for end-to-end visibility.
- Visualize the operational health of the VMware environment with near real-time identification of underperforming/distressed hosts, virtual machines and data stores.
- Access interactive, visual maps of their virtual environments, highlighting problems and emphasizing statistical comparisons of performance metrics.
- Gain visibility into potential security breaches and non-compliant usage patterns.
- Analyze resource consumption and optimize capacity to gain operational efficiencies.
- Allow accurate historical analyses and troubleshooting with granular performance metrics and log data all in one place, directly collected from Virtual Centers and via syslog.
- Gain access to blazing fast query performance for rapid data exploration on massive data volumes.
- Track changes with visibility into vCenter tasks and events in the context of their virtual environment performance metrics, logs and topology.