Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Staples ( SPLS) pushed the Specialty Retail industry lower today making it today's featured Specialty Retail laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.8%. By the end of trading, Staples fell $0.43 (-2.5%) to $16.41 on average volume. Throughout the day, 5,406,385 shares of Staples exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 7,047,600 shares. The stock ranged in price between $16.39-$16.77 after having opened the day at $16.74 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $16.84. Other companies within the Specialty Retail industry that declined today were: Hastings Entertainment ( HAST), down 10.4%, Lentuo International ( LAS), down 7.5%, 1-800 Flowers.com ( FLWS), down 7.5% and Barnes & Noble ( BKS), down 5.0%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Staples Ratings Report.
- Use our specialty retail section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.