Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Caterpillar ( CAT) pushed the Industrial industry lower today making it today's featured Industrial laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.7%. By the end of trading, Caterpillar fell $0.96 (-1.1%) to $84.20 on light volume. Throughout the day, 3,554,557 shares of Caterpillar exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 6,098,300 shares. The stock ranged in price between $83.95-$85.50 after having opened the day at $85.15 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $85.16. Other companies within the Industrial industry that declined today were: Ecotality ( ECTY), down 14.5%, JinkoSolar ( JKS), down 10.7%, Flow International Corporation ( FLOW), down 7.8% and China Ming Yang Wind Power Group ( MY), down 7.5%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Caterpillar Ratings Report.
- Use our industrial section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.