Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. BlackRock ( BLK) pushed the Financial Services industry lower today making it today's featured Financial Services laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.8%. By the end of trading, BlackRock fell $3.41 (-1.3%) to $266.74 on average volume. Throughout the day, 712,200 shares of BlackRock exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 807,200 shares. The stock ranged in price between $266.47-$270.91 after having opened the day at $269.00 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $270.15. Other companies within the Financial Services industry that declined today were: Consumer Portfolio Services ( CPSS), down 10.2%, First Marblehead Corporation ( FMD), down 8.7%, Arlington Asset Investment ( AI), down 5.2% and Millennium India Acquisition Corporation ( SMCG), down 4.2%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full BlackRock Ratings Report.
- Use our financial services section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.