Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Corning ( GLW) pushed the Electronics industry lower today making it today's featured Electronics laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day down 1.0%. By the end of trading, Corning fell $0.31 (-2.1%) to $14.72 on average volume. Throughout the day, 9,466,806 shares of Corning exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 10,933,600 shares. The stock ranged in price between $14.69-$15.03 after having opened the day at $15.00 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $15.03. Other companies within the Electronics industry that declined today were: TranSwitch Corporation ( TXCC), down 29.1%, On Track Innovations ( OTIV), down 11.8%, China Sunergy ( CSUN), down 9.0% and Hanwha SolarOne ( HSOL), down 8.4%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Corning Ratings Report.
- Use our electronics section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.