Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. PPG Industries ( PPG) pushed the Chemicals industry lower today making it today's featured Chemicals laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.9%. By the end of trading, PPG Industries fell $1.78 (-1.1%) to $156.81 on average volume. Throughout the day, 524,728 shares of PPG Industries exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 674,600 shares. The stock ranged in price between $156.52-$159.33 after having opened the day at $158.15 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $158.59. Other companies within the Chemicals industry that declined today were: Flexible Solutions International ( FSI), down 12.1%, Solazyme ( SZYM), down 7.3%, Rentech Nitrogen Partners ( RNF), down 6.9% and Amyris ( AMRS), down 5.5%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full PPG Industries Ratings Report.
- Use our chemicals section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.