Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Chevron ( CVX) pushed the Basic Materials sector lower today making it today's featured Basic Materials laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day down 1.2%. By the end of trading, Chevron fell $1.22 (-1.0%) to $118.66 on average volume. Throughout the day, 4,304,778 shares of Chevron exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 5,600,200 shares. The stock ranged in price between $118.52-$120.00 after having opened the day at $119.69 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $119.88. Other companies within the Basic Materials sector that declined today were: Cobalt International Energy ( CIE), down 15.2%, Renewable Energy Group ( REGI), down 14.8%, Lone Pine Resources ( LPR), down 12.4% and Flexible Solutions International ( FSI), down 12.1%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Chevron Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.