Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Allergan ( AGN) pushed the Health Care sector higher today making it today's featured health care winner. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.6%. By the end of trading, Allergan rose $0.90 (1.0%) to $88.83 on light volume. Throughout the day, 1,311,512 shares of Allergan exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,721,600 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $87.64-$89.20 after having opened the day at $87.64 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $87.93. Other companies within the Health Care sector that increased today were: GW Pharmaceuticals PLC ADR ( GWPH), up 13.6%, Bovie Medical Corporation ( BVX), up 11.9%, Arrhythmia Research Technology ( HRT), up 11.7% and Genvec ( GNVC), up 11.1%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Allergan Ratings Report.
- Use our health care section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.