Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Ball Corporation ( BLL) pushed the Consumer Goods sector higher today making it today's featured consumer goods winner. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.8%. By the end of trading, Ball Corporation rose $0.53 (1.2%) to $45.54 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1,206,529 shares of Ball Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 991,800 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $44.75-$45.54 after having opened the day at $44.88 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $45.01. Other companies within the Consumer Goods sector that increased today were: Tianli Agritech ( OINK), up 18.0%, Castle Brands Incorporated ( ROX), up 13.5%, Tofutti Brands ( TOF), up 7.3% and National Beverage Corporation ( FIZZ), up 7.1%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Ball Corporation Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer goods section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.