Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. CenturyLink ( CTL) pushed the Telecommunications industry lower today making it today's featured Telecommunications laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 8.1%. By the end of trading, CenturyLink fell $0.55 (-1.6%) to $32.92 on average volume. Throughout the day, 5,849,569 shares of CenturyLink exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 5,295,300 shares. The stock ranged in price between $32.91-$33.35 after having opened the day at $33.34 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $33.47. Other companies within the Telecommunications industry that declined today were: Deltathree ( DDDC), down 9.1%, Oi ( OIBR), down 8.0%, Novatel Wireless ( NVTL), down 7.0% and Linktone ( LTON), down 6.8%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full CenturyLink Ratings Report.
- Use our telecommunications section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.