Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Macy's ( M) pushed the Services sector lower today making it today's featured Services laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.1%. By the end of trading, Macy's fell $1.31 (-2.8%) to $44.99 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 7,719,129 shares of Macy's exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,856,300 shares. The stock ranged in price between $44.98-$46.13 after having opened the day at $46.09 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $46.30. Other companies within the Services sector that declined today were: Good Times Restaurants ( GTIM), down 21.3%, Mecox Lane ( MCOX), down 19.1%, Lime Energy ( LIME), down 10.8% and VirtualScopics ( VSCP), down 9.6%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Macy's Ratings Report.
- Use our services section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.