Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Dollar General Corporation ( DG) pushed the Retail industry lower today making it today's featured Retail laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.4%. By the end of trading, Dollar General Corporation fell $1.03 (-1.9%) to $52.47 on average volume. Throughout the day, 3,476,123 shares of Dollar General Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,389,700 shares. The stock ranged in price between $52.40-$53.32 after having opened the day at $53.23 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $53.50. Other companies within the Retail industry that declined today were: Jos A Bank Clothiers ( JOSB), down 7.0%, Nordstrom ( JWN), down 4.9%, ValueVision Media ( VVTV), down 4.7% and Dillards ( DDS), down 3.9%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Dollar General Corporation Ratings Report.
- Use our retail section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.