Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. American Tower ( AMT) pushed the Real Estate industry lower today making it today's featured Real Estate laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day down 1.5%. By the end of trading, American Tower fell $0.91 (-1.3%) to $68.57 on light volume. Throughout the day, 2,461,436 shares of American Tower exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 4,230,600 shares. The stock ranged in price between $68.55-$69.58 after having opened the day at $69.16 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $69.48. Other companies within the Real Estate industry that declined today were: Five Oaks Investment ( OAKS), down 6.2%, JAVELIN Mortgage Investment ( JMI), down 6.0%, Homex Development ( HXM), down 5.9% and Owens Realty Mortgage ( ORM), down 5.9%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full American Tower Ratings Report.
- Use our real estate section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.