Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. General Mills ( GIS) pushed the Food & Beverage industry lower today making it today's featured Food & Beverage laggard. The industry as a whole was unchanged today. By the end of trading, General Mills fell $1.17 (-2.3%) to $49.38 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 5,775,214 shares of General Mills exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,295,600 shares. The stock ranged in price between $49.13-$50.10 after having opened the day at $49.98 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $50.55. Other companies within the Food & Beverage industry that declined today were: China New Borun Corporation ( BORN), down 12.8%, Cresud ( CRESY), down 4.4%, Adecoagro ( AGRO), down 4.3% and Diamond Foods ( DMND), down 3.8%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full General Mills Ratings Report.
- Use our food & beverage section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.