Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Simon Property Group ( SPG) pushed the Financial sector lower today making it today's featured Financial laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.5%. By the end of trading, Simon Property Group fell $4.39 (-2.9%) to $145.30 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1,736,850 shares of Simon Property Group exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,394,200 shares. The stock ranged in price between $144.77-$149.69 after having opened the day at $149.18 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $149.69. Other companies within the Financial sector that declined today were: First Marblehead Corporation ( FMD), down 36.3%, China Commercial Credit ( CCCR), down 27.9%, Anchor Bancorp ( ANCB), down 8.8% and Consumer Portfolio Services ( CPSS), down 7.9%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Simon Property Group Ratings Report.
- Use our financial section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.