Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. National Oilwell Varco ( NOV) pushed the Energy industry lower today making it today's featured Energy laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.2%. By the end of trading, National Oilwell Varco fell $0.89 (-1.2%) to $72.73 on average volume. Throughout the day, 2,831,383 shares of National Oilwell Varco exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,367,000 shares. The stock ranged in price between $72.52-$73.72 after having opened the day at $73.57 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $73.62. Other companies within the Energy industry that declined today were: Lone Pine Resources ( LPR), down 34.4%, Delek US Holdings ( DK), down 6.4%, VAALCO Energy ( EGY), down 4.7% and GeoPetro Resources Company ( GPR), down 4.3%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full National Oilwell Varco Ratings Report.
- Use our energy section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.