Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Monsanto Company ( MON) pushed the Basic Materials sector lower today making it today's featured Basic Materials laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.3%. By the end of trading, Monsanto Company fell $3.06 (-3.1%) to $94.99 on average volume. Throughout the day, 3,239,743 shares of Monsanto Company exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,089,400 shares. The stock ranged in price between $94.90-$97.56 after having opened the day at $97.55 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $98.05. Other companies within the Basic Materials sector that declined today were: Lone Pine Resources ( LPR), down 34.4%, Crosshair Energy ( CXZ), down 12.5%, China Gengsheng Minerals ( CHGS), down 10.3% and Gulf Resources ( GURE), down 7.0%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Monsanto Company Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.