Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Gerdau ( GGB) pushed the Metals & Mining industry higher today making it today's featured metals & mining winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.5%. By the end of trading, Gerdau rose $0.19 (2.9%) to $6.76 on average volume. Throughout the day, 8,414,733 shares of Gerdau exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 6,537,700 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $6.56-$6.90 after having opened the day at $6.56 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $6.57. Other companies within the Metals & Mining industry that increased today were: International Tower Hill Mines ( THM), up 26.0%, Timberline Resources Corporation ( TLR), up 11.5%, United States Antimony Corporation ( UAMY), up 11.5% and Claude Resources ( CGR), up 10.4%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Gerdau Ratings Report.
- Use our metals & mining section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.