Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Prudential Financial ( PRU) pushed the Insurance industry higher today making it today's featured insurance winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.1%. By the end of trading, Prudential Financial rose $0.87 (1.1%) to $79.61 on average volume. Throughout the day, 2,766,793 shares of Prudential Financial exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,642,700 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $78.44-$79.78 after having opened the day at $78.44 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $78.74. Other companies within the Insurance industry that increased today were: United Fire Group ( UFCS), up 9.4%, eHealth ( EHTH), up 3.0%, Independence Holding Company ( IHC), up 2.2% and Lincoln National Corp (Radnor ( LNC), up 2.2%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Prudential Financial Ratings Report.
- Use our insurance section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.