Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. NPS Pharmaceuticals ( NPSP) pushed the Health Care sector higher today making it today's featured health care winner. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.6%. By the end of trading, NPS Pharmaceuticals rose $0.68 (3.0%) to $23.70 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1,436,740 shares of NPS Pharmaceuticals exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,728,400 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $22.72-$24.02 after having opened the day at $22.94 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $23.02. Other companies within the Health Care sector that increased today were: Pain Therapeutics ( PTIE), up 35.8%, Durect Corporation ( DRRX), up 17.1%, GW Pharmaceuticals PLC ADR ( GWPH), up 12.0% and Escalon Medical Corporation ( ESMC), up 11.2%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full NPS Pharmaceuticals Ratings Report.
- Use our health care section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.