Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Anadarko Petroleum ( APC) pushed the Energy industry higher today making it today's featured energy winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.2%. By the end of trading, Anadarko Petroleum rose $2.32 (2.6%) to $91.52 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 5,099,366 shares of Anadarko Petroleum exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,923,800 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $89.45-$91.94 after having opened the day at $90.27 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $89.20. Other companies within the Energy industry that increased today were: Samson Oil & Gas ( SSN), up 12.6%, TransAtlantic Petroleum ( TAT), up 12.1%, U.S. Energy ( USEG), up 7.7% and Harvest Natural Resources ( HNR), up 7.7%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Anadarko Petroleum Ratings Report.
- Use our energy section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.