Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Applied Materials ( AMAT) pushed the Electronics industry higher today making it today's featured electronics winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.2%. By the end of trading, Applied Materials rose $0.30 (1.9%) to $15.62 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 30,445,046 shares of Applied Materials exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 12,922,200 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $15.04-$16.06 after having opened the day at $15.22 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $15.32. Other companies within the Electronics industry that increased today were: Sequans Communications ( SQNS), up 9.7%, Suntech Power Holdings ( STP), up 8.3%, Alliance Fiber Optic Products ( AFOP), up 8.3% and Canadian Solar ( CSIQ), up 7.8%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Applied Materials Ratings Report.
- Use our electronics section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.