Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Shire ( SHPG) pushed the Drugs industry higher today making it today's featured drugs winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.5%. By the end of trading, Shire rose $2.16 (1.9%) to $112.85 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 972,938 shares of Shire exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 377,200 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $111.20-$116.00 after having opened the day at $111.65 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $110.69. Other companies within the Drugs industry that increased today were: Pain Therapeutics ( PTIE), up 35.8%, Durect Corporation ( DRRX), up 17.1%, GW Pharmaceuticals PLC ADR ( GWPH), up 12.0% and Prana Biotechnology ( PRAN), up 10.7%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Shire Ratings Report.
- Use our drugs section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.