Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Carter's ( CRI) pushed the Consumer Goods sector higher today making it today's featured consumer goods winner. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.2%. By the end of trading, Carter's rose $0.82 (1.2%) to $68.84 on average volume. Throughout the day, 630,276 shares of Carter's exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 565,500 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $67.55-$69.01 after having opened the day at $67.68 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $68.02. Other companies within the Consumer Goods sector that increased today were: Mannatech ( MTEX), up 36.4%, Tofutti Brands ( TOF), up 18.2%, China Marine Food Group ( CMFO), up 14.4% and Castle Brands Incorporated ( ROX), up 8.8%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Carter's Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer goods section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.