Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Micron Technology ( MU) pushed the Technology sector lower today making it today's featured Technology laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day down 1.7%. By the end of trading, Micron Technology fell $0.69 (-4.7%) to $14.13 on average volume. Throughout the day, 53,384,727 shares of Micron Technology exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 43,134,400 shares. The stock ranged in price between $13.97-$14.41 after having opened the day at $14.41 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $14.82. Other companies within the Technology sector that declined today were: TranSwitch Corporation ( TXCC), down 17.8%, Suntech Power Holdings ( STP), down 14.3%, Helios and Matheson Analytics ( HMNY), down 14.1% and Vipshop Holdings ( VIPS), down 13.9%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Micron Technology Ratings Report.
- Use our technology section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.