Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. American Express ( AXP) pushed the Financial sector lower today making it today's featured Financial laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day down 1.3%. By the end of trading, American Express fell $1.00 (-1.3%) to $74.88 on light volume. Throughout the day, 3,782,095 shares of American Express exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 5,651,400 shares. The stock ranged in price between $74.62-$75.43 after having opened the day at $75.27 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $75.88. Other companies within the Financial sector that declined today were: Credit Suisse ( DSLV), down 15.3%, Millennium India Acquisition Corporation ( SMCG), down 10.2%, IFM Investments ( CTC), down 7.2% and Homex Development ( HXM), down 7.1%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full American Express Ratings Report.
- Use our financial section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.