Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Marathon Petroleum ( MPC) pushed the Energy industry lower today making it today's featured Energy laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.4%. By the end of trading, Marathon Petroleum fell $3.02 (-4.1%) to $70.67 on average volume. Throughout the day, 4,001,986 shares of Marathon Petroleum exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,992,300 shares. The stock ranged in price between $70.58-$73.28 after having opened the day at $73.27 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $73.69. Other companies within the Energy industry that declined today were: Zion Oil & Gas ( ZN), down 13.2%, Alon USA Partners ( ALDW), down 11.7%, Recon Technology ( RCON), down 11.5% and Global Geophysical Services ( GGS), down 7.5%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Marathon Petroleum Ratings Report.
- Use our energy section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.